Thursday, June 24, 2010

[Oh, the Possibilities!]






We went to go see this house the other day. It is right off of Rt 31 in Washington area by where Steve works. The location is great, brings us 20 minutes closer to Danielle & about 45 minutes closer to my mom. Love the eat in kitchen & has additional seating for barstools, the soft carpet, really love the exposed beams & it had a huge backyard. The taxes are only 3,051 & it's priced at 156,900 but a website that I was looking @ said the estimated value is $116,000!! A mortgage on that would be like $700 or less. Don't get too excited yet, there are also downsides..only 2 bedroom, and MEGA tiny. We would need an extension of a Master Suite put on stat & probably a living room because that was tiny too. Sigh, I knew it was too good to be true but happy to see there are things affordable in a great location. The realitor happened to be the owner as well & she knows the market tanked & she is going to loose out, she just wants it out of her hands @ this point. Part of me still doesn't want to rule it out because the mortgage would be paid in half of one paycheck so its not like an addition would be out of the question. However, I don't want to be in another "stuck" position that we got this tiny ass house that has no room for our family to ever grow so I don't think it is a real consideration but still is a charmer!

In other news, Noah has gone 3 nights without the paci & has been fine. Think I made it out to be harder than it really is. He is changing so much with saying words & taking steps. FINALLY got like a 2 second video of it. Silly me for letting him do it a bunch of times & he was over it by the time I got the video. Haha! My friend Geri is pregnant again so that's neat. Steve had to go to the Piscataway today to get equipment for storage so swung by & got Stevie a day earlier. Saturday I have a "Sprinkle" shower for my friend Christina & we will probably hold off on the beach until Stevie's Birthday weekend, or we toyed around with us 3 going to Midieval Times. OH, Tuesday I had a Dr Appt & since I was out we ran to the mall & I only shopped for Steve for a change, he never gets anything for himself. We had talked prior of how much I am digging the plaid shorts on guys & he agreed that he liked a pair my brother wore to Janel's Graduation. So I got him 2 full outfits; shorts, tee's & Adidas flip flops. He wears work boots for everything & I told him he needed a pair of quick slip on's even if its just for taking the dogs out. Time to go play, watch some shows & some point this weekend we have the Carnival!

3 comments:

Barb

It's beautiful! Love the yard.

I really hope you find what you are looking for! :) Just keep location in mind. You can always fix up a house, but you can't change it's location.

That's crazy that's considered low taxes! That's high around here. We pay about $1,000 in taxes. Eek!

The $116,00 is most likely what your county's property assessment is. Our house was appraised much higher by the bank than what the county says.

...And so jealous about the pacifier. We're working on it. He does nights and naps with it and that's it. He's getting his molars though...so who knows how the next month is going to be.

Okay, sorry I wrote a book. Best of luck!

Noah's Mommy

Thank you! Here those taxes are cheap, mine are 5,600 now & our parents pay closer to 9,000!

Thanks for commenting, I didn't think anyone even reads my entries!

Noah's Mommy

Oh & about the Pacifire, I have done really well with having him only have it for naps & bed for awhile..then I took away for naps, now for bed..he notices its gone, but seems to be adjusting. Nowhere near getting molars yet-we're just about on the 5th tooth!

Post a Comment