Wednesday, October 7, 2009

[.Our Love is Obvious and this is our story.]





OK, where to begin..I have been with my husband Steve, for over 7 years. We had our true fairy tale wedding May 1, 2005 & have a house that we built together in Pennsylvania. I have two besties Sara & Danielle as well as a lot of good friends like the people I worked with as an Ophthalmic Technician for many years, Aubrey, & a lot of great neighbors. I LOVE spending time with my family & we go to NJ a lot to visit them. I have one nephew who is two, Devlin & triplet nieces Abigail, Jaylin, & Joslyn. I can't even begin to tell you how blessed I am to have the parents I have. My sister is in the process of opening a "Doggy Daycare" & I am so proud, yet so scared for her.

Now that you are caught up with the past let me get to the present. My husband & I were ready to expand our family last August, shortly after "wha la" I was pregnant. For the first few weeks I was SO scared, thought anything I did would make me loose the baby. Finally I calmed down, luckily enough Sara was pregnant right a long with me & was able to help me step by step through everything. Once I was safe in the second trimester, I absolutely loved my pregnancy from the clothes, to belly, the attention & politeness I got from everyone. I counted down until I got to go to the Dr & hear my babies heartbeat.

Fast Foward to March, by then I already knew I was having a boy & had everything all picked out. I had the best shower EVER with a "Cute as a Button" theme. My friend Danielle made my invites & games for the party, us together pretty much planned the whole thing. My friends from work made adorable button cookies & the cutest, tastiest cake! Not to mention I got every "must have" & more off of my list, leaving us nothing to buy. By April, it was time for Sara to have her baby boy-once she was in labor, I couldn't sleep all night I was so scared yet excited for her! Visiting her & her son Connor was the last far drive I did for I was due a little over a month later.

May 1, as I mentioned earlier was our Anniversary-4 years. Now I was getting anxious to meet my lil smidgen. Everyday when I went into work people would say "You're still here?" We really thought it was going to happen earlier. I did everything-the walking, teas, membrains stripped etc to have a smooth pregnancy. FINALLY on Memorial Day Monday around 11:30pm I started having contractions & by 5:30am I was admitted & contractions were 2 minutes apart. Surprisingly me, who has a low tolerance of pain was such a trooper. Not often can I say I am proud of myself but in the 30 hours of labor I went through, I can truly say that I am. After many hours of waiting, trying, walking, and pushing it was determined that I would need a C Section which I really didn't want but once in labor, it was the cross over of me thinking of myself, to me thinking of meeting my baby boy & what was best for him.

Noah Daniel was born @ 4:57am weighing 7.6 lbs & 19.25 inches. Not even in my dreams was I able to create something so beautiful & perfect he was. For those that don't believe in love at first site, never had a baby. The recovery of the surgery was rough! Steve went above & beyond to change me, help me go to the bathroom, pick things up for me & take care of the baby. I know years ahead that I will be in good hands if I have to wear diapers before he does when we are older! But seriously, it was a true testiment to our love & relationship-he dealt with some smelly & yucky things!

Finally, what seemed like forever later it was time to go home. I had a lot of help between Steve, my mom, grandma, Sara & Aubrey. After about 3 weeks I was ok to drive & sleep upstairs again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment