Friday, October 8, 2010

[Batty for Daddy!]



I have some down time while Steve is working on his brakes & Noah is napping. Today is my favorite day of the week-Friday Family Day. Steve is off & every Friday we're doing something fun together. Last week was Let's Pretend & today was Pumpkin Picking. As usual, minor bumps along the way. The first 3 places we tried were closed besides Sat & Sun!? Luckily, someone wrote me where they went on my Facebook so we tried there & were able to still do it. Many people stopped & commented how cute Noah was in his outfit. This is his first time in "6-12" & it was a little baggy but ok. We let Noah roam the fields, get dirty & enjoy. When I got home I made his First Dentist Appointment which if I had done before 12 months it would've been free so that stinks! One of the pictures shown is of him talking on his imaginary phone..he does this often!

Yesterday, I had my first Stroller Strides class & man am I sore! I wasn't expecting something so intense the first class but I am glad to be getting out there & doing something special with Bean. There is 11 Mommy's & we get in a circle, face our little ones & sing songs to them as we do the workout. We do a warm up, 40 minutes of power walking, mat time, and cool down. Lot's of squats & exercise with resistance tubes. We would hold on to the strollers as we did lunges & such. Shortly after we had a conference with all Stevie's teachers & it didn't go all that well. He is averaging out in the C range, which yeah..most of us been there from time to time but in High School!! Not 6th grade! He also is never opening his locker himself & has given the combo out to numerous kids which we are not happy about. He also can't sit still & is distracting other students. On top of that he is going to the bathroom way too much when we know he normally doesn't go enough. Not too sure what we're going to do about all this. It is pretty cool that now a days they have a Parent Portal where you can look online & see their averages, homework & test scores. Last night we went on a Sushi Date @ a new place we've never tried. We pick up Stevie in 10 minutes & starting tomorrow he will be doing some community service @ my sister's dog adoption @ Petsmart. He needs to take some focus off of the video games & being spoiled & start giving back to the community. We are also going to PA again, hopefully for the last time. Tonight we're eating @ Steve's mom's for his Birthday dinner-stuffed peppers! Yay.


I am out of time, but I will be back to tell you a heartstopping, close call story that I had with Noah all the day. I keep thinking about it & getting upset! I will leave you in suspense (all 2 readers lol) until next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment